Ausblick auf Oberndorf
Hilchenbach Blick von der Ginsburg
Siegen-Wittgenstein - Freudenberg,-Alter Flecken
Siegen-Wittgenstein - Schloss Bad Berleburg
The open countryside gives you space to breathe deeply. Encounter rare animals like the majestic bison and get close to the local wildlife. Relax near the fresh springs, the lazily meandering rivers, the two dams and the countless streams and ponds. Recharge your batteries from our natural sources.
Discover the region
Then the forest gives way to vistas of pretty timber frame houses, imposing castles and ancient relics of the mines. Each of our eleven local communities has its own character, yet all of them have a cultural programme to offer you – whether theatre, concerts, cinema, exhibitions or festivals. Here you can experience art with all your senses. Sometimes you encounter it out in the green countryside, for example on the WaldSkulpturenWeg, a path lined with forest sculptures near Bad Berleburg. However, if you feel like breathing city air, you are never far from Siegen with its art scene, pubs, shopping streets and university.
Siegen-Wittgenstein is also a region steeped in old customs. Here you can discover real traditions and history. We invite you to our bakery festivals, traditional fairs and Christmas markets in the peaceful old towns. We are passionate about our home. Yet at the same time, we are totally laid back. Immerse yourself in peace and quiet. Come and visit us.
So much to see! But what can you do in a single day? We have checked it out for you.
The perfect day in Siegen-Wittgenstein
Video: Touristikverband Siegerland-Wittgenstein e.V.
Geschichten aus der Region
- Frankfurt - Gießen - Siegen Main-Sieg Express (RE 99 Timetables KG 445 / 630)
- Aachen - Cologne - Au/Sieg - Siegen - Gießen Rhine-Sieg Express (RE 9, Timetables KB 445 / 460)
- Essen - Hagen - Siegen Ruhr-Sieg Express, Ruhr-Sieg Train (RE 16, RB 91, Timetable KB 440)
- Siegen - Kreuztal - Hilchenbach - Erndtebrück - Bad Berleburg Rothaar Train (RB 93, Timetable KB 443)
- Marburg - Bad Laasphe - Erndtebrück Obere Lahntal Train (RB 94, Timetable KG 623)
- Dillenburg - Siegen - Au (Sieg) Sieg-Dill Train (RB 95, Timetable KB 445) X Betzdorf - Herdorf - Neunkirchen - Burbach - Haiger - Dillenburg Hellertal Train (RB 96, Timetable KB 462)
- A 4 Cologne - Olpe, from Kreuz Olpe-Süd A 45 in the direction of Frankfurt, departures: Freudenberg, Siegen (2x), Wilnsdorf, Burbach
- A 4 Cologne - city motorway HTS (B 54) X A 45 (“Sauerland line”) Frankfurt (A 5 / A 45) in the direction of Dortmund, departures: Dillenburg, Burbach, Wilnsdorf, Siegen (2x), Freudenberg
- A 45 - Kreuz Olpe-Süd - A 4 - city motorway HTS (B 54) from Kreuz Olpe-Süd A 4, transition to city motorway (Hüttentalstraße, B 54)