Situated on a spur of the Siegberg hill, St. Martin's is the oldest parish church in Siegen. Archaeological finds point to an earlier church building constructed in Frankish times.
The church is part of the City Tour
A floor mosaic in the north transept, today protected by a stone slab, dates back to the 10th century. The church was incorporated into the walled city area between 1502 and 1511 by the construction of ramparts. In subsequent years, St. Martin's church underwent restructuring to acquire its present form. The floor covering in the church interior is of earthenware tiles inspired by the mediaeval mosaic. Other objects of interest include the baptismal font dating from approx. 1230 and the bell of St. Martin from 1491.