The origins of the historic town hall situated on the market place are presumed to date back before 1224. It was first mentioned in official documents in 1303.
The historic town hall is part of the City Tour
The town hall served the purposes of both administration and of trade, as was not unusual in those times. In its history however, the building was not only used for the purposes of the municipal authorities and administration but also served as a prison, a courtroom, butcher's stalls, an armoury and a ballroom, among other things. Destroyed almost completely by bombing in 1944, it was rebuilt and extended 1947–57. The tourist information office is situated at the Kornmarkt entrance to the town hall. The market place was redesigned 1999/2000 and now offers an attractive setting for various events. The historic town hall is part of the City Tour. <a href="http://www.siegen-guide.de/en/rundgang/stadtrundgang/"><img src="http://www.siegen-guide.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/back-city-tour.png" alt="back-city-tour" width="221" height="74"></a>
Gesellschaft für Stadtmarketing Siegen