A short circular tour for beginners.
Distance 3.2 km
The cross-country trails lead through the forests on the edge of the Rothaarsteig region and along the watershed between the Lahntal and Edertal valleys near the Birkenhecke area. The different levels of difficulty are indicated on the signs. During the summer, the same routes are used by hikers, joggers and Nordic walkers.
All trails are prepared in the classic and skating technique styles. For information on our current trail status, see the SCR website: www.scr-ski.de.
Update: March 18, 2019
Getting thereAccess by car via Bad Laasphe - Rückershausen, Rückershäuser Strasse 99.
ParkingSufficient parking spaces are available in front of the ski hut.
32U 449216 5644795
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view