Experience a pristine winter landscape in the middle of the Rothaargebirge hills.
Distance 6.7 km
This tour takes you from the Haincher Höhe hill along the Rothaarsteig hiking trail to the “Rittershäuser Wetterstein”, and back to the starting point. An information panel at the starting point offers an overview of the prepared cross-country trails. The circular route is marked throughout with kilometre signs. If you have any questions about the trail or snow levels, contact the snow hotline on +49 2737 93153.
Update: January 15, 2021
- Everyone should behave on the trails in such a way that they neither endanger nor hinder others.
- The correct skiing direction should be observed. The tops of the trail signs indicate the correct skiing direction. Where there are double trails, the right-hand track should always be used.
- Walkers are requested not to step on the trails, but to use other routes.
- Stay on the marked trail to avoid disturbing the wildlife.
- Take your rubbish home with you.
- Keep the trails free. Anyone who needs to stop should step out of the track.
Tips and hintsFor more information, contact the Oberes Johannland e.V. ski club.
Getting thereThe village of Hainchen is on the L 729 and is connected to the A 45 motorway via Wilnsdorf. From the A 4 and after the Olpe-Süd motorway junction, there is a connection via the B 54 to Siegen. From there, follow the B 62 via Dreis-Tiefenbach and on to Netphen. In Netphen, take the L 729 ring road until you reach Deuz, then on via Salchendorf, Helgersdorf, Werthenbach and Hainchen.
Follow the L 729 through Hainchen towards Dietzhölztal. The Haincher Höhe hikers’ car park is about 2 km behind the entrance to Hainchen, at a sharp right bend in the road on the left-hand side.
ParkingFree parking is available at the Haincher Höhe hikers’ car park.
32U 445648 5633645
EquipmentWarm clothing appropriate for the weather, cross-country skis and ski sticks
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view