A hike with expansive views - even if you only walk the first stage. Beautiful scenery are awaiting the hikers - the rushing river Eder and fairytale paths.
The 11 km long stage of the premium hiking trail leads through various landscape along the Eder around Schwarzenau. The approximately 3.5 h tour leads through hilly landscape and rewards you with wonderful panoramic views on the heights and adventurous nature trails in the valleys.
From the outlook platform you have a particularly good view of the past and the coming sections of the trail.
Getting thereComming from Raumland or Hatzfeld, please follow the L553 to Schwarzenau. In the village center change to the Alexander-Mack-Strasse. Cross the river Eder and turn left and immediatle right to the "Am Mühlgragen". You will find the parking space above the "Schwarzenauer Mühle".
ParkingFree parking space availabel.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Sturdy shoes and probalby hiking sticks are recommended.
As the "Schwarzenauer Mühle" is the only gastronomy on the way, we recommend to take a backpack with food and drinks with you.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.